Saturday, November 2, 2013

Spooky Halloween.....Night @ Hyatt Hyderabad !

Hyatt Hyderabad is located in the Financial District of Hyderabad surrounded by concrete jungle, but the hotel looks like an oasis in a desert, with full of Greenery and rocks, nature at its best landscaped to give you the feeling of pleasantness and serenity. Flora and fauna is exceptionally diverse and gives the place a reputation for abundance of natural beauty.
Halloween Night, it is an interesting theme and can be made as spooky as possible. It is a theme which is at a nascent stage in Hyderabad Hotel circles, only a few are organizing them, slowly it would be gaining popularity in coming years for sure. It is for the first time I am visiting Hyatt Hyd at night and it looked even more beautiful and mesmerizing.
This is perfect event on a Waning Moon evening; with the winter fast approaching the evenings have become chilling and breezy. For me the weather is ideal for an evening like this. I managed to reach the place on time passing through the busy traffic and once entered the place I found myself lost in the calmness and tranquility.
The entrance and lobby of the hotel looked very calm, as I was approaching Collage (Continental restaurant) I was hearing faint screams from a distance, I knew what was in store for me. I could see lots of kids with different outfits running all over the place and having lots of fun doing different activities arranged by the hotel folks.


I had to wade through these Energetic Angles and Naughty Demons to reach to my table. Once seated, I was offered alcohol (Red wine) of my choice, apart from alcohol there were some mocktails too. I went around checking the Spooky Buffet spread; one must say the Chef’s team had done a tremendous job in recreating food as spooky as possible, of which some of them that really stand out were Creepy crawly bugs (chicken), Phantom egg with broccoli mousse, Ugly cucumber and crab meat ceviche, Bat lollipops with chilly devil sauce (Chicken) from the Non-veg section, Caramelized fig phantom, Fresh green salad on orange skull, Popcorn and apricot owls from the veg section.  Blood and guts dip (beetroot and cheese), Chicken liver pate with bat crisps were really a piece of art by chef. Apart from these there were regular continental spreads. Chicken Burger and Thin crust Chicken pizza was absolutely a delight for any foodie. Desserts were not to the level I expected and they were limited too. But what caught my attention was Demon’s eye and Graveyard Brownies (not Actual names); they not only looked good they did taste yummy. 

I know these are all regular dishes executed with lots of creativity by Chef. Here I must introduce to everyone the person behind this event, Hyderabad’s First Woman Executive Chef Madhumita Mohanta, who has humongous experience working in Middle East and India. She has done an amazing work to come up with such a great concept dining. More and more such unique events should be organized to make dining fun. Thanks to Ms.Bhavna Mishra for being with me all the while and making me comfortable. I  look forward to visit Hyatt very soon to explore their Deori – Indian & Andhra Cuisine Restaurant.


The ambiance is very soothing making one feel very cosy and comfy. The washrooms are will maintained and Parking is ample. Overall I was happy with the whole experience, look forward to visit again.

Ambiance 4.5/5
Food Quantity N/A
Food Quality 4.5/5
Pricing 4/5
Service 4.5/5

Ms. Bhavna Mishra and Executive Chef Madhumita Mohanta

No comments:

Post a Comment